Please contact us with any further enrollment, registration, lottery, or waiting list questions at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy (KCSMA). This guide is designed to provide an overview of the KCSMA Enrollment Process. We hope you find this information helpful.
STEP 1: LOTTERY FORM
Thank you for your interest in Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy. Interested families may submit an online lottery form for the 2017 – 2018 school year online during the open enrollment period from December 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017.
Should you need access to a computer to complete the lottery form, you may use a computer in the Research & Development Center at Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy, located at 3010 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152. Computers will be available on school days during the enrollment period between the hours of 9:15 am – 2:15pm. Computer assistance will be available to complete the online form, if needed.
Helpful Tips for Completing the Electronic Lottery Form
- If you would like to have a hard copy of your form, be sure you are connected to a printer before completing and print your document before submitting the form.
- If you would like to receive electronic confirmation of your online form submission, you will have the opportunity to provide an email address during completion of your form. (The email address you provide does not have to be your own or your own name; however, it should be one to which you have access.) Once you provide an email address, an email confirming receipt of your form submission will be emailed to you.
You are not required to have an email address to submit an electronic form.
Click here to complete and submit a Lottery Application online
- For new students interested in admission for the 2017 – 2018 school year, the open enrollment lottery period is from December 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
- The deadline for submitting completed lottery intent forms is January 31, 2017 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy will conduct the 2017-2018 lottery manually onsite in the dining room at Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. We anticipate the lottery will be completed by 12:00 p.m. The results will be posted in KCSMA’s front office by Friday, February 17th, at noon. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00am-2:15pm, feel free to come by to see the list.
- For admissions and enrollment questions, please contact our enrollment office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (678) 290–9628.
Note: If your contact information changes after you have completed the online form, please notify our enrollment office as soon as possible.
- Interested families may apply for our lottery for the 2017 – 2018 school year online during the open enrollment period from December 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017.
- Lottery enrollment must be completed and submitted electronically from any computer with internet access. Applicants may use a computer in the Research & Development Center at Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy, located at 3010 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152. Computers will be available on school days during the enrollment period between the hours of 9:15 am – 2:15pm. Computer assistance will be available to complete the online form, if needed.
- The deadline for submitting the electronic lottery form is January 31, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- When a form is submitted electronically and an email address is provided, an email confirming receipt of the application will be sent to the email provided. (If you do not receive the confirmation email in your inbox, please check your Spam folder.)
- When you submit the open enrollment form electronically, you may print for your personal records. You must print page prior to submitting the online form.
STEP 2: THE LOTTERY
- KCSMA will conduct a live lottery, where you will be able to view the results as they are assigned. The live lottery will be conducted onsite in the Dining Room at Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. The lottery is expected to last for approximately 1 hour, and it is anticipated that it will be fully completed by 12:00 p.m.
- You do not have to be present for your child to be in the lottery or to receive lottery results.
STEP 3: ADMISSIONS STATUS NOTIFICATION
- If your child receives an enrollment space through the lottery, you have until March 30, at 3:00 p.m. EST to enroll your child and submit all requested enrollment paperwork. If you have not enrolled your child by this date, you will forfeit your enrollment slot and you will be moved to the Waiting List.
- If your child did not receive an enrollment space during the Lottery, your child will be placed on the waiting list.
- Offers from the Lottery Wait list, based on available space, will begin to be extended on May 1, 2017. Note: An Enrollment Checklist is provided on the school’s website. The checklist provides a list of all documents you will be required to submit for your child by March 30, 2017, if you receive an Acceptance Letter for your child to enroll at KCSMA. You will only need to submit Checklist documents if you receive an Acceptance Letter via email. (These documents should not be submitted when you submit the lottery form for your child.)
- A student must reside within the Cobb County School District on a full-time basis or be the child of a full-time KCSMA employee or Board member to apply for admission to KCSMA. The address of residence is subject to verification via phone, U.S. mail, and home visits by school administration. Student can not reside within the Marietta City School District.
- It is the custodial parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to ensure all information provided to KCSMA is accurate and true (i.e. Grade and Address).
- For enrollment purposes, siblings are defined as children with a shared custodial parent/guardian and who share a common residence.
- The address of a student accepted for admission to KCSMA will be determined based on the bona fide primary residence of the custodial parent/guardian. Custodial parent/guardian status requires legal verification.
- If your contact and/or address information changes, please contact our enrollment office at (678) 290-9628 or send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Open Houses provide students and parents the opportunity to visit the school and meet our principals, various teachers and staff. Additionally, Open House visitors are able to tour the facility and learn about our various after school programs. This is an excellent time to have your questions answered, and to learn more about the mission and philosophy of KCSMA. After attending an Open House, it is our intent that you have the information you need to determine if Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy is the right school for your family.
Please mark your calendar for Saturday, January 28 at 10 a.m. for our Open House.
Additionally, KCSMA hosts "Thursday Tours" every Thursday at 9:15 am from January through April. Tours are an estimate 45 minutes.
Individual tours at other times are available by appointment to accommodate your scheduling needs.
We invite you to RSVP for an upcoming tour here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0945a9ac2daaf49-school
To schedule an individual tour, please contact our enrollment office at firstname.lastname@example.org.