Chartertown- NOW HIRING
Are you looking to be part of a team that makes a difference in the school?
If so, Chartertown may be right for you!
*Applications are available in the R & D Center*
Chartertown (C-town) is a micro-society open to students in 2nd-5th grade. Students who work in the program are paid in C-town dollars, which can be used in the C-town Market, the Up-N-Atom Café, and for incentives offered exclusively to C-town employees. There are two sessions of C-town per year, and we are ready to hire for Session I.
Mrs. Judson manages Chartertown in the mornings, and Mrs. Beeler manages Media Chartertown in the afternoons and helps with paperwork. C-town is unique to our school, and the opportunity to work in any of these positions gives the students a sense of empowerment and ownership in our school.
******* Available Positions *******
Full-Time: Mon-Fri 7:10am-7:45am
- Human Resource & Banking (4th, 5th) Maintains employee attendance and banking records (math test required)
- Assistant to the Manager (4th, 5th) Assists Mrs. Judson, helps supervise other C-town positions, checks in employees (must have strong teacher recommendation)
- Knight Patrol Security Officer (3rd, 4th, 5th) Greets students and monitors hallway procedures
- Greeter (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) Greets students in the morning with a big smile and happy hello
- Donnelly’s Crew (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) Collects recycling throughout the school, monitors and maintains hydroponic system and plants
- Reports to Mr. Donnelly
- Up & Atom Café Barista (3rd, 4th, 5th) Prepares and serves café items (math test required)
- Chartertown Market Salesperson (3rd, 4th, 5th) Assists customers with market purchases (math test required)
- Catering Assistant (4th, 5th) Delivers breakfast to students
- Teacher’s Assistant (4th, 5th) Assigned to one classroom to help teacher with classroom tasks
- Reports to that teacher
Full-Time: Mon-Fri 2:40pm-3:15pm (pick up for student should be at 3:15)
- Media Assistant (4th, 5th) Assists with book returns, entry in library software, shelving books, organizes lost and found, and makes positive notes for staff
Part-Time: Tue & Thur 7:10am-7:45am
- Public Relations Specialist (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) Creates requested signs & thank you cards for partners, etc.
- Reports to Mr. Hartel in the Art Room
- Reading Buddy (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) Reads with emerging readers selected by staff
- Math Tutor (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) Serves as a tutor with provided materials in math
- Noble Scuffer (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) Inspects floors and removes scuff marks
To be considered for a position, students need to complete the application and bring it to the R&D Center by the application deadline. Applications must be complete with a parent signature and a teacher recommendation. In addition to submitting their application, students will be expected to introduce themselves and tell us the position for which they are applying. Students will be applying for one position. Students should review the available positions to decide which one is appropriate for them. Submitting an application does not guarantee that a student will be hired, as there are limited positions available.* Students who are hired will be informed by letter on Thursday, August 30th. Training will be at 7:10 am on September 5th and 6th, and work will begin Monday, September 10th.
Applications are due by or on August 24, 2018. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Students are encouraged to turn them in as soon as possible, so they don't forget.
*Please understand that there will most likely be more applicants than available jobs. Students who have not worked a Chartertown job before, who are qualified, will be given hiring preference over those who have had a prior C-town job.
Questions about Chartertown should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com