Principal's Pen- July 2017
Greetings KCSMA families,
I hope that you are all enjoying this hot July weather! I am excited to join your family as the Principal of Kennesaw Charter Science and Math Academy. I will submit to you a monthly memo that will keep you informed of the many activities that will occur this school year. To get us started, here are a few reminders:
- School starts bright and early at 7:50AM on Monday, July 31. Every effort should be made to have students inside the building before this time. With the families of over 800 students dropping them off, this will not be possible if you try to arrive after 7:40AM. Excessive tardies will be addressed on an individual basis. Look for an attendance protocol during Meet and Greet. We will continue with our Before School Program beginning at 6AM and carpool drop-off at 7AM. Pick up starts promptly at 2:45. We will attempt to relieve traffic jams by requesting that specific car tags arrive at designated times. This information will also be available at Meet and Greet.
- On Thursday, July 27, we invite you out to our Meet and Greet from 3:30 – 5:30 for our 3rd – 5th graders and 5:30 – 7:30 for our Kindergarten – 2nd The Kindergarten teachers will host an informational meeting for new parents from 5:00 – 5:30 in their classrooms. Please bring your checkbooks and other forms of payment for school lunch, Before and After School Programs and Clubs.
- KCSMA will continue to be a uniform school. The expectation for students enrolled is that everyone is in uniform everyday. More information can be found on our website in the PARENT section.
- Student supply lists are on the school website. As we continue to move forward toward STEM accreditation, please look for information about general household items that can be used in projects and experiments.
- Calling all fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, uncles and all other father figures! KCSMA will participate in the Million Father March on the first day of school. This program, initiated by the Black Star Project out of Chicago, IL promotes the engagement of fathers and father figures in the education of their children. We invite you to come walk your child to class, meet their teacher and sign up for volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Watch our website and Facebook page for the official flyer.
- Mark your calendar for August 21. We will adjust our school day back by 30 minutes in order to witness the first total solar eclipse in 38 years at 2:36PM. Morning carpool will begin at 7:30 and afternoon carpool will begin at 3:15. Please visit our website for detailed information.
See you soon ….
Dr. James McNealey