The KCSMA Holiday Shop will be open to students to shop during the school day December 8-12, 2014. To run smoothly, we need many volunteers and donations of supplies. Please visit the following links to sign up to volunteer or send in supplies:
KCSMA Parents & Students –
The National Weather Service and local meteorologists are calling for very cold temperatures with even colder windchills for the week of Nov. 17-21. All students should consider dressing warmly with gloves, head covering, and multiple layers of clothing to protect against the cold. Please have your children dressed with coats upon arrival at school to ensure a smooth transition of unloading during carpool.
Morning carpool begins promptly at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 7:50 a.m.
Have a wonderful evening and stay warm!
It’s Lottery Time Again!
The 2015-16 lottery application will be available beginning in December. At that time, click the “Enrollment” link above and complete the requested information.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- When completing the form(s), please make sure to use the correct grade level for NEXT school year.
- Separate forms must be completed for EACH student.
- You MUST reside in a Cobb County School zone to attend KCSMA.
- Students MUST turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2015, to begin Kindergarten for the 2015-16 school year.
If you have any questions regarding the lottery application form or the process, please email Debbie Schmidt at email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest in KCSMA and Good Luck in the lottery!
The chairman of the GCS, Inc. Governing Board has called a Work Session meeting for Thursday, November 13, at 7:00 pm.
October STEM Challenge Winners!!!
October challenge: Build your own gadget
A gadget is a small tool such as a machine that has a particular function, but is often thought of as a novelty. Gadgets are sometimes referred to as gizmos.
We would like to congratulate the following winners:
3rd Grade: Ryleigh Goodwin – Motorized Eraser
3rd Grade: Hunter Lesch – Earbud Organizer
1st Grade: Zachary Hextell – Robotic Floor Cleaner & Wall Scrubber
The KCSMA Lego Robotics team is researching ways to improve how people with dyslexia learn to read. We are looking to interview anyone with dyslexia (of any age), or anyone who specializes in helping with it. If you or someone you know is comfortable completing a questionnaire or being interviewed, please contact the team through Mrs. Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 27, 2014.
The 2014-2015 Lego Robotics Team
DRUG & ALCOHOL AWARENESS
Monday, October 27 – “My future is bright” – Wear a bright-colored shirt (uniform bottoms)
Tuesday, October 28 – “Put a cap on it” – Wear a hat (with uniform)
Wednesday, October 29 – “Say NO to Drugs” – Wear a red shirt (uniform bottoms)
Thursday, October 30 – “I’m a Jean-ious. I’m Drug Free” – Wear jeans (uniform shirt or spirit shirt)
Friday, October 31 – “Team up against Drugs” – Wear a sports team shirt or jersey (jeans or uniform bottoms)
*We are also having a poster contest for grades 3 – 6 and a door decorating contest for grades K-2. Drug Awareness posters and door decorations are due October 31. (Prizes will be awarded!)
For more information on the 2014 Red Ribbon Week, check out this 2014_Red_Ribbon_Fact_Sheet.
PARENTS, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- LUNCH – Lunch is served on early release days as mandated by the state of Georgia. Please send lunch with your child or order sack lunch online. As always if your child does not have a lunch we will feed them and you will be invoiced.
- EARLY CHECKOUT – If you need to check your student out early during conference week you must do so prior to 11:15 a.m. After 11:15 a.m., there will be no early checkouts from the Front Office.
- CARPOOL – Afternoon carpool will START at 11:45 a.m. and END at 12:30 p.m. Please remember – carpool line does not start until 15 minutes before carpool begins. If you are coming for a conference with your students’ teacher immediately following carpool, please pick your student up in carpool and then park to come inside for the conference.
- ASP – ASP will begin at the completion of carpool (12:30 p.m.), and all ASP clubs and activities will take place at their regularly scheduled times during early release/conference week. If you have not picked up your student(s) at the completion of carpool, they will be automatically checked into ASP and you will be charged for the day, along with the $35 ASP Registration fee.